Offering existing and new charter school clients expert legal and strategic counsel from startup through expansion on a range of issues, including:
● Acquisition, financing and development of new schools and expansion of existing campuses
● State and regulatory compliance, including Massachusetts Charter School Statute (MGL c. 89 §71), Massachusetts Nonprofit Corporations Statute (MGL c. 180), Massachusetts Open Meetings Law (MGL c. 30A, §11A), and Massachusetts Conflict of Interest law (MGL c. 268A)
● Governance, policies and requirements of the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE)
● Lease review and facilities negotiations
● Contract drafting and review
Our partners work with our charter school clients to navigate the maze of regulatory and legal issues to enable them to achieve their missions.